- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Bulletproof Automotive collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, shipping address, billing address, credit card information)
- Information about the vehicle which you own or are purchasing parts for.
- Information about which items you have purchased.
- A record of all of your communications with us including emails, text messages to us, and phone calls placed or received by us.
- Any information passed to us by a third party involved in any transaction, for example Paypal, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, etc.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Bulletproof Automotive with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online, inquire online, or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, social media, paper, phone, or via email.
- Call, email, text message, in person visit, or social media message.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Any information passed to us by a third party involved in any transaction, for example Paypal, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, etc
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Payment processors or providers
- An installer or dealer of our products interacting with us on your behalf
- A spouse, friend, assistant, or family member contacting us on your behalf
How will we use your data?
Bulletproof Automotive collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Manage payments and account balances.
- Ship you the correct version of the item for your vehicle.
- Provide warranty support and customer support.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
We do not share your personal data with any 3rd parties and we do not sell your data to anyone. Period.
When we process your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies and third party payment services to prevent fraudulent purchases, such as those built into Braintree, Shopify, etc.
How do we store your data?
Bulletproof Automotive securely stores your data off-site in a GDPR-compliant secure data centers managed by GoToMyERP, eBound, Close.com, MailChimp, etc.
Our Company will keep your personal information as related to any sales transactions for a minimum of 7 years so as to comply with the United States Internal Revenue Service guidelines. Once this time period has expired, may will delete your data.
With your permission, we would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Bulletproof Automotive from contacting you for marketing purposes. We do not share your data with any 3rd parties.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please follow the opt-out link in the email or email [email protected]
What are your data protection rights?
Bulletproof Automotive would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Bulletproof Automotive for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive erase or anonymize your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Bulletproof Automotive’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request regarding your data, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Or write to us via signature required mail:
Bulletproof Automotive, 3523 Jack Northrop Ave, Hawthorne CA 90250
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Understanding if you have visited our website before
- Understanding how you reached our website
- Registering the your location so as to provide the best possible user experience
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at:[email protected]
Or write to us at: Bulletproof Automotive, 3523 Jack Northrop Ave, Hawthorne CA 90250.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK https://ico.org.uk/ and or the Data Protection Commission https://www.dataprotection.ie/ and/or any organization so chosen by the EU, the United States of America, or any other body with recognized authority over these matters.
A. California Consumers’ Rights Under the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018
If you live in California, the California Consumer Protection Act of 2019 (“CCPA”) provides you with the following rights with respect to personal information that Bulletproof Automotive LLC has collected about you:
- You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive disclose to you the categories of personal information we have collected. We have disclosed this above.
- You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive disclose to you the specific personal information that we have collected about you. We have disclosed this above.
- You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive disclose to you the categories of personal information that Bulletproof Automotive shares with third-parties. We do not share your information.
- You have the right to request that Bulletproof Automotive delete personal information it has collected about you. We have disclosed this above.
To Request Bulletproof Automotive disclose to you the information in categories a through c (a “Request to Know”) or to request Bulletproof Automotive delete the personal information it has collected about you, either email us at [email protected] or write to us at Bulletproof Automotive 3523 Jack Northrop Ave, Hawthorne CA 90250. California law requires that we verify your identity before responding to a Request to Know or a Request to Delete. To verify your identity, we compare the information you provided on your request to the information that we have in our system. We consider your identity to be verified if the information you provided to us matches the name we have in our system and at least two of the following pieces of information: email address, physical address, or telephone number.
Further, California law prohibits Us from discriminating against any consumer who submits a Request to Know or a Request to Delete by, among other things, denying goods or services, charging different prices or rates for goods or services, providing a different level of quality of good or services, or suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
B. Categories of Personal Information Collected in the Past Twelve Months and the Sources From Which Personal Information is Obtained.
During the past twelve months, We have collected the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
- Telephone numbers;
- Email addresses;
- Payment information;
- Customers’ location;
- Customer’s vehicle information;
- The username and password provided to us by consumers who create online accounts with us; and
- The specific product(s) purchased by consumers and the location at which the product(s) was/were purchased.
All the above information is provided directly to Bulletproof Automotive by consumers in the course of: (i) completing paper or online voluntary information requests; (ii) voluntarily enrollment to receive Bulletproof Automotive’s email newsletter; (iii) voluntarily entering into promotional contests/sweepstakes sponsored by Bulletproof Automotive; and (iv) contacting Bulletproof Automotive’s customer assistance department, either via telephone or through an online submission.
C. Sale of Personal Information.
Bulletproof Automotive does not sell consumers’ personal information.
D. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties.
Within the past twelve months, Bulletproof Automotive has disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties which co-sponsor promotional contests/sweepstakes with Bulletproof Automotive:
E. Contact for Additional Information.